Help Spread Awareness
There are two major MSA Awareness events that take place each year:
Other activities you may wish to be involved in year round include:
- Local awareness events and fundraisers
- Set up your own fundraiser – ideas from the MSA Coaliton - ideas from the MSA Trust
- Host Tim’s Shoe (the travelling MSA celebrity mascot) to raise awareness in your area
- Distribute MSA promotional t-shirts, wristbands and bracelets
- Arrange a screening of “Sophie’s Search for a Cure”
Tired, tired, tired….
Sleep, sweet peaceful sleep.
Oh come soon to my relief.
Try and sleep to keep the pain away.
I sleep through another day.
…Sleep and dreams, the easing of sorrow.
I wake and find it another tomorrow.
MSA, robbing me of a life.
Taking time away from my son and wife.
Tired of fighting the good fight.
Always sleeping day, sleepless night.
Feeling so alone, myself slipping away.
Time to wake up, face another day.
This is what it is like to have MSA.
– Richard Weber, MSA patient
In honor of all MSA patients, this page will be devoted to sharing ideas on spreading awareness of the disease through awareness campaigns and local fundraising events.